Thursday, January 7, 2010

Don't pick that up...

I didn't realize that it was part of my job description to follow around the kids in the store and referee what they pick up. Some of the kids that shop at my dollar tree give me the chills. And they are ballsy. The other day, I was building our cold and cough end cap. I had my box cutter sitting right next to me on a pile of boxes. There are really only so many places you can stash a box cutter when on the floor stocking 375 cases an hour. So, while I am standing there (his mom too btw) this kid persists to pick up my box cutter and try to open it. Now my box cutter isn't all new and shiny looking either. It is bright orange and blue with tape residue on it. The saving grace is that it is a home depot box cutter and retracts itself automatically. This is not the first time, nor the oddest thing a kid has picked up in front of me. I think the oddest would have to be a step ladder. The ladder wasn't in anyones way, especially not his mothers. I come from the back room and I see him picking up the ladder... while it's open...and try to walk somewhere with it. After the initial shock of seeing this. I had to ask the kid if he needed help getting something, to which he responded no, put the ladder down, and went on his merry way. Why do parent's think dollar tree is a frickin playground? And then when their precious angel breaks something or gets hurt... it's our fault? Word to the wise... if your child can't keep his hands to himself and behave in public... maybe you should keep him home... makes a more pleasant shopping experience for all parties involved...

No comments:

Post a Comment