Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Balloons

Everyone loves a party. And what party is complete without balloons.

I hate balloons. They are the bane of my existence. Well really I have nothing against balloons... its the people buying them.

Fist off... it is company policy that we do not inflate latex balloons. We never have... we probably never will. And if we did inflate them... you would still pay $1 for 1 balloon. Why? Because when you get a balloon, you are paying for the helium more than the balloon. So if you buy that pack of 25 latex balloons, and you want them inflated, it would cost you $1 a balloon.

Second... we are a frickin dollar store. We can't have 105 different options for balloons. No we don't have Happy 1st birthday, Happy 50th Anniversary, Happy 27th Birthday... We have 1 get well balloon, 1 congrats balloon, 1 wedding balloon. We have a general selection of birthday balloons. Only a few novelty balloons. And we only have them when the warehouse gets them in. So get over the fact that you want 15 different birthday ballons and we only have 3. If you want more... frickin pay 4 dollars at a party store.

What also annoys me is that people want "fresh" balloons. We inflate several balloons every day so that our cashiers and managers don't have to keep running over to the balloon station. Because if you haven't figured out from the long lines sometimes... we can't afford to have someone just stand over in the balloon center and wait on you hand and foot. So they want fresh balloons because in their minds those balloons will last longer. I call BS on you. Even when we tell them the other balloons were just inflated that morning... we get " I need a new balloon... the party is tomorrow." That balloon will last for 10 days whether I blow it up now or this morning.

I also hate when customers get the cashier to call the manager for help with the balloons. If it is me... they are going to wait a good 3 - 5 minutes because I am going to finish whatever it is that I am doing (gotta stock that 784 cases a day). And by time I get over there, they still have no idea what balloons they want. Or they pick one, and while I am blowing it up, they pick another one, and then another one, or better yet they change there mind. Once again... we are a dollar store... we have like 5 options... what makes the decision sooooo hard?

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you hate and your job and should change professions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenro that is a stupid comment, for many people who work in retail (STL at Walgreen's for 5 years) venting is often mistaken for dissatisfaction. I loved my job and I'm sure Not Paid Enough enjoys their job too but we all need a place to vent on our tough days. You have no idea the crazy things that happened while I was in retail. Could probably write a book about it.

      Delete
  2. A latex balloon filled with helium lasts (on avg) 24-48 hrs.
    A Mylar (polyester) balloon lasts (on avg) 7-10 days.
    Mylar is a better housing material for helium.

    Dollar tree stocks heart and star solid Mylar balloons that can easily be decorated with a sharpie for a customized balloon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie. Thank you for sharing this info. You solved a huge short notice dilemma by reminding that they can be decorated.

      Delete
  3. Bitch you need to get laid, get a different job, buy a dildo or get a different life. You work at a retail customer service type of environment, take some social psychology class or something and BE NICE TO people in that are type of work. Sounds like you don't like your job, so fucking quit. You remind me of this bitch today who was such a whore that I Hope she never has kids and has miscarriage and gets gang bang raped because I OFFERED AND ASKED HER TO blow up the balloons I had for my niece's 7th birthday I was going to deliver to her school, and she said company policy? REALLY FUCK YODU BITCH, IT'S FOR A 7 YEAR OLD COLD HEARTED FUCKING CUNT. Go wash your pussy and start being nice to people esp when they offer to pay for helium fucking bigot blonde bitch at 128th Everett, wa dollar tree. I hope your kids die bitch, for what you did for me today, you ruined 3 of the prettiest balloons I had for her you ruined a bit of some what happinees for my lil niece. you have no heart and SERIOUSLY PEOPLE IT DOES NOT TAKE THAT MUCH TO BE NICE TO PEOPLE, BUT IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE A FUCKING CUNT TO ME OFF THE BAT, THEN ILL FUCKING CURSE YOUR LIFE TO JUST KEEP GOING DOWN THE DRAIN, CUZ I WAS NICE off the bat and you disregarded my kindness and stomped on it and for that I curse you your entire family for eternity of torture and unhappiness, you fufcking heartless cold ugly blondie bigot dirty pussy cunt face ass trashed bitch. fuck you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 128th dollar tree employee blonde ugly bitch refused to blow helium to my expensive balloons that I held on to for a year for my niece's 7th bday. I AM GOING TO GET YOU FIRED YOU FUCKING WHORE JUST WAIT AND SEE. my niece is my life I will do anything to make her happy and what you did today fucked my mood up and for that I curse you for many miscarriages and more deaths and sickness you fucking cunt. you will fucking suffer along with the rest of your family and friends and employees.

      Delete
    2. You need Jesus!!!! How dare you say you hope someones children die? You are miserable and need to get your anger in control ASAP

      Delete
  4. Lol I've worked at four quarter bush (that's what I call it) and agree one hundred percent. Its retail life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just gonna go to Party City. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete